Aktogay Copper Project
• Location – Eastern Kazakhstan region
• Mineral Resources base –Copper and Molybdenum
• Mine Life – 56 years
• Initial capital cost estimate of US $1.79 Billion
• Number of workers – 1550 personnel.
• Annual mining capacity – up to 25 Million Metric Tonnes
• Two processing plants – SX/EW Plant and Sulphide Concentrator
3) Bozshakol & Aktogay Sulphide Projects will process ore with the largest machines ever used.
The processing plant equipment includes:
• Gyratory crusher 1600 mm by 2900 from Fuller Traylor.
• 12.2 meter diameter SAG Mill with
• 8.5 meter diameter Ball mills
• High Pressure Grinding Rolls
• Flotation cells are 258 Cubic Meter Cylindrical Tank Cells
• electric powered hydraulic face shovel excavators
• payload rear dump haul trucks
• Blast Hole Drills
• Tracked Dozers, Support Front End Loader (FEL) – Cat 994 or
• Support Wheel Dozers, Support Backhoe Excavator, Water
Trucks, Graders, Explosives Truck etc.
Bozshakol and Aktogay are the future of Kazakhmys.
They will set the standard for large open pit base metal mines not only in Kazakhstan but in Asia!